Most friends are aware that i'm engaged to Megat Noor Ikram. And this Hari Raya would be the last Raya celebration as a single. haha. Everything would be the last ; Last Iftar, Last Raya, Last Visit, bla bla but it's not that bad. In fact, I can't wait !! ;p
It'll be great to have my BEST buddy / partner / soulmate with me 24/7. I don't have to drive all the way from Kajang to Bangsar to hang out with him, no more long hours calls or non stop sms and short calls asking how are u n all.. I'll be with my punching bag all the time ! yeay!
I can still hear people telling me not to get engaged too long to avoid "dugaan". It freaked us out before. When I asked them what sort of dugaan, they mentioned it will be the time u feel like u made the wrong choice or u'll meet a better person, u'll know his true colors, etc. Haha. I took those as a precaution but I still go with the engagement. For me, life is not the same for everybody and there's no rule saying that it's wrong or right to get engaged. If it meant to be painful, why people still get engaged? And I believe in jodoh..
It's been 6 months carrying this status. Alhamdulillah, we had the best times together, we get to meet families, we plan our big day accordingly, and we seem to enjoy the countdown.. The heartbeat gets faster and faster each day. I must say we made the right choice of getting engaged for 11 months. Not too long or too short for us. Engagement is like a pre-wedding preparation and it will be one of the best moment of your life if you know how to appreciate the times. As for myself, my relationship with my family members grew closer, and I realize I have families and friends who endlesslly support me, who will always be behind my back through thick and thin. I get really close with cousins, and i'm glad they showed up and offer great help to me without any costs. Mum, Aunts and grandmas has been encouraging me to cook more often and always remind me of the tips of having a heavenly marriage. First, to be an excellent wife (in every way).. Next, let's just keep it to myself. hihi.
I have learned so much about his family, about their likes and dislikes, family activities, and i'm happy they accept me for what I am. I can feel the ties whenever i'm around them, and yeahh i can soo be myself! His parents are great!! His siblings rock!! And I even had tea alone with his Aunt once.
Wedding of a dream is not a fairytale anymore. We discussed the best possible wedding we could afford that will be memorable and extraordinary. Our concern is not the grand $$$$$ wedding but the comfort that matters. We want our special guests to feel special and most importantly comfortable like we do.
Recently, a friend of mine said to me " I don't think I wanna get engaged, membazir je.. baik kawin terus!" I didn't fight her back, i just agreed. Inside, her words crashes me so bad. I did not see any unnessesary spending during my engagement? Photographers are FOC, (i love u guys!!), Hantaran are according to my budget. Foods? We love to spend for foods for families and guest. Canopy? We need them, it's a large rombongan and it's hot outside ! And the backdrop? It's very nice i didn't expect it. My uncle Razak is the greatest! Maybe my make up is a little too much for engagement. It's nice but the smokey effect on my eyes doesn't suit me that much, i think. So ape yang membazir nya?? My only concern for everyone is comfort. I hope everyone was comfortable that day.
She also said "malas la dugaan dugaan ni, baik kawin terus takyah risau dugaan". If you can't survive your dugaan before marriage, how can u survive then? Marriage is a huge commitment, I believe. And ur not only married to your husband, but family, burdens, kids, financial security, and loads more. If I were to compare, my dugaan is even worst before i got engaged. Really. My parents don't trust anyone easily. Now, it's different! My mum loves him very much. For those who knows my mum, u'll be suprised..!!
Please pray for us.. I hope this love I have for him will remain strong and solid, and together we're invincible..
It'll be great to have my BEST buddy / partner / soulmate with me 24/7. I don't have to drive all the way from Kajang to Bangsar to hang out with him, no more long hours calls or non stop sms and short calls asking how are u n all.. I'll be with my punching bag all the time ! yeay!
I can still hear people telling me not to get engaged too long to avoid "dugaan". It freaked us out before. When I asked them what sort of dugaan, they mentioned it will be the time u feel like u made the wrong choice or u'll meet a better person, u'll know his true colors, etc. Haha. I took those as a precaution but I still go with the engagement. For me, life is not the same for everybody and there's no rule saying that it's wrong or right to get engaged. If it meant to be painful, why people still get engaged? And I believe in jodoh..
It's been 6 months carrying this status. Alhamdulillah, we had the best times together, we get to meet families, we plan our big day accordingly, and we seem to enjoy the countdown.. The heartbeat gets faster and faster each day. I must say we made the right choice of getting engaged for 11 months. Not too long or too short for us. Engagement is like a pre-wedding preparation and it will be one of the best moment of your life if you know how to appreciate the times. As for myself, my relationship with my family members grew closer, and I realize I have families and friends who endlesslly support me, who will always be behind my back through thick and thin. I get really close with cousins, and i'm glad they showed up and offer great help to me without any costs. Mum, Aunts and grandmas has been encouraging me to cook more often and always remind me of the tips of having a heavenly marriage. First, to be an excellent wife (in every way).. Next, let's just keep it to myself. hihi.
I have learned so much about his family, about their likes and dislikes, family activities, and i'm happy they accept me for what I am. I can feel the ties whenever i'm around them, and yeahh i can soo be myself! His parents are great!! His siblings rock!! And I even had tea alone with his Aunt once.
Wedding of a dream is not a fairytale anymore. We discussed the best possible wedding we could afford that will be memorable and extraordinary. Our concern is not the grand $$$$$ wedding but the comfort that matters. We want our special guests to feel special and most importantly comfortable like we do.
Recently, a friend of mine said to me " I don't think I wanna get engaged, membazir je.. baik kawin terus!" I didn't fight her back, i just agreed. Inside, her words crashes me so bad. I did not see any unnessesary spending during my engagement? Photographers are FOC, (i love u guys!!), Hantaran are according to my budget. Foods? We love to spend for foods for families and guest. Canopy? We need them, it's a large rombongan and it's hot outside ! And the backdrop? It's very nice i didn't expect it. My uncle Razak is the greatest! Maybe my make up is a little too much for engagement. It's nice but the smokey effect on my eyes doesn't suit me that much, i think. So ape yang membazir nya?? My only concern for everyone is comfort. I hope everyone was comfortable that day.
She also said "malas la dugaan dugaan ni, baik kawin terus takyah risau dugaan". If you can't survive your dugaan before marriage, how can u survive then? Marriage is a huge commitment, I believe. And ur not only married to your husband, but family, burdens, kids, financial security, and loads more. If I were to compare, my dugaan is even worst before i got engaged. Really. My parents don't trust anyone easily. Now, it's different! My mum loves him very much. For those who knows my mum, u'll be suprised..!!

3 comments:
Firstly, awwww...
Secondly, I must admit I've turned into one of those women saying no to engagement. But maybe that is entirely because of my bad experience with faithless lovers AND my multiple insecurities. Then again, I have yet to meet 'The One'. What I sanggup or tak sanggup is yet to be determined.
And lastly, aawwwwww again. Bestnya got best bud rolled up in a punching bag of love. Hehe.
aaaaaaaw from me too... sorry for the sucky pics ;p
xeem : hehe.. I bet your lover is waiting for you..somewhere.. It's just the matter of time.. and u'll be diving into the ocean full of loveeee.. feewit!
kepep : ur da bomb!
Post a Comment